Sunday, September 30, 2012

2 running clinics, 1 new shin splint ,and a partridge in a pear tree

Soooo started a learn to run program with the lovely Michelle Kempton. I have to say it has been the absolute hardest thing I have ever done...and I have 2 kids. The people in this program are amazing though. It is quite humbling to be the second last person to finish every week, and have your partner be the mother of the organizer who informed me she is now 63. And I am pretty sure she is only walking to keep up with my run,,,that being said, I think I am becoming quite addicted. I got up again on Saturday morning and took Jake out for a run. We ran in the rain which I enjoyed and I managed to get much farther in my 1minute of run and 1 minute of walk than I normally do..I tried a trick that another runner told me..I am trying to visualize myself sitting on the sofa, and match my breathing to my visual as opposed to matching my breathing to my crazy attempts at running! Hopefully this will keep the asthma attacks at bay..sadly in 2 clinics, I have had 2 attacks.....c'est la vie.
Had an Epicure party tonight, not too many people attended but I still managed to hit over $200 in sales....my god if you have not tried the salsa mix, then you have not lived lol
My God baby was here for a visit today, she brought her bright smile, squishy kisses and beautiful spirit all of which cheered me up immensely....I wanted to keep her but alas, I always have to give her back.
MacKaela has a huge head cold, which made her qualification weekend for ringette a little challenging for her. She has exercise induced asthma and having her nose stuffy on top of that made her one snotty cranky girl...and made me one tired mommy.
Saw some old friends from college tonight...why is it that men never seem to age, but I feel like the minutes take another month off my life lol...I feel OLD.

This week at weight watchers I lost a whole 0.7 lbs for a grand total of 31.4.....and then I ate an angry poutine, 2 Charleston chew bars, 8 shortbread cookies, and a bowl of frozen chocolate yogurt.....then I had a quaesadia (spelling) and spicy fries.....completely off the radar with the food.....once in a while I splurge...and then once in a while I apparently lose it lol...I will now have  to work two times as hard this week, simply to maintain the loss I had last week...why oh why don't I learn
Seriously

A

No comments:

Post a Comment